Trendy glossy tiles are aesthetically very pleasing. However, they look their best when you clean them often. High gloss tiles are prone to damage and can easily show grease or watermarks, scratches, and finger smudges. You must know how to clean them so that they continue to shine for a long time.
Here is a step-by-step instructional guide to help you clean your high gloss tiles without any damage. You must make sure that all of these steps are completed in one go. Select one set of tiles, to begin with and complete all the steps before you consider moving to the next set.
Step 1 - Gather The Equipment
You will need four things to begin the cleaning process of your high gloss tiles. You will need a dry dust mop, some liquid soap, three pieces of clean cloth, and hot water. There is no need for expensive soaps or gadgets of any kind. The cleaning process is simple and cheap.
Step 2: Sweep Your Tiles
In this step, sweep and clean the high gloss tiles with a dry dust mop to remove dust and dirt. This is important before you proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Wash The Tiles With Soap Water
In this step, mix some soap in the hot water and soak the first piece of cloth. Use this cloth to clean the tiles. Wash the tiles twice if there is grease left after the first wash.
Step 4: Wash The Tiles With Clean Water
In this step, take the second cloth and soak it in clean water. Use this cloth to clean the tiles. This will rinse off the detergent from the first wash.
Step 5: Dry Clean The Tiles
Lastly, use the third dry cloth to clean the high gloss tiles and dry them. Note that you must use a different cloth in each of the above steps. Using the same cloth may not yield desired results.
There are certain other things that you must know to make sure that you do not cause any damage to your high gloss tiles. The following tips will help you -
- Clean the high gloss tiles regularly to avoid any kind of long-term damage or usage of strong chemicals to clean them.
- You should also sweep and vacuum your tiles routinely to avoid the accumulation of dust, food crumbs, or any kind of debris.
- Use mild cleaner agents to avoid obtuse flooring. You can use cleaning agents like vinegar, warm water, or lemon juice mixed in half a bucket of water.
- Make sure to never use any acid or bleach to clean your high gloss tiles. Using these products can cause irreversible damage to your tiles.
- Avoid excessive force while cleaning your tiles. Extra force may cause deterioration of the protective sealing.
Following a cleaning schedule will ensure that your tiles are in their best condition always. You can use the process shared above weekly or fortnightly but make sure you dry clean your tiles every other day.
For information on cleaning & maintenance of Welspun products, you can also visit this page.