'Epoxy Flooring' might be something we don't hear about in residential flooring solutions. But when it comes to choosing a new flooring solution for industrial use, commercial spaces, garage floor coating, or any other outdoor surfaces, epoxy resin flooring is often seen as the preferred solution.
What is Epoxy?
Epoxy is a family of chemical components or cured end products of epoxy resins. It is a type of thermosetting compound that is composed of various chemicals that work together to form a bond that enables them to stick together, much like poxy glue. This chemical bond creates a stiff plastic material that is durable and resistant to degradation. So epoxy flooring is basically a surface that comprises multiple epoxy layers that are applied to a floor with a certain depth.
Why Should You Choose Epoxy flooring?
Epoxy flooring is affordable and long-lasting and safe no matter the type of environment it is installed in. When you're looking at your flooring design, you'd want the floors to last longer than just a couple of years. The epoxy flooring is eco-friendly, produces very little waste, and does not use a lot of materials. Since this flooring is resistant to breaks, scratches, and more, it is a highly preferred choice for businesses, garages, and commercial spaces.
Epoxy flooring is sought by homeowners and businesses alike. There are several benefits when you invest in epoxy flooring. Let's understand the 5 reasons to invest in epoxy flooring.
1. Resistant: Epoxy flooring is strong, sturdy, resilient, and everlasting. This flooring offers high levels of resistance as compared to wood, tiles, and stone. Epoxy flooring is resistant to impact, water, heat, stain, oil and cannot break.
2. Heat Resistant: Epoxy flooring is resistant to heat and moisture and therefore preferred by businesses and industrial buildings. Since moisture, mould, and fire accidents in a home can cause damage to the flooring and the walls.
3. Long-lasting: Epoxy floors last long and are an affordable solution for your interior. Epoxy flooring is affordable as the installation is not as expensive as compared to marble flooring, and it does not require any repair or damage charges.
4. Maintenance: Being resistant to damage, epoxy floors are easy to maintain and install. It is easy to clean and is antimicrobial. These floorings are great for garage and warehouse floors because they won’t get damaged by vehicles and machinery.
5. Mimic-like quality: Epoxy flooring has the quality to be designed like wood, tiles, or marble while maintaining their quality. This mimic-like quality makes them suitable for residential solutions as well!
Where Can You Use Epoxy Floor Coating?
Epoxy flooring was only thought of as acceptable for industrial settings like factories, warehouses, and garages. Epoxy floors have now become extremely desirable for commercial and residential areas because of their incredible unmatched benefits. Some of the settings are:
1. Residential: Garages and basements are most commonly seen to have epoxy flooring as it is waterproof, fire-resistant, and has strength that prevents scratches on the floor.
2. Commercial: Many businesses strive to create distinct floor designs that give a unique look to their interior. The safety benefits, nontoxic features, and being resistant to heavyweights make it a better commercial choice.
3. Industrial: Epoxy flooring is preferred in an industrial setting as it can be installed in several different areas that all require benefits from their floors. Epoxy flooring fits perfectly with spaces like laboratories, warehouses, chemical facilities, etc. which are prone to stains and heavy foot traffic.
Epoxy flooring is often seen in places where high strength and resistance are a demand of the trade. Even with the mimic-like quality, epoxy flooring does not provide the elegant finish one might hope for in their homes.
If you think you could probably go for an alternative then, Click-N-Lock tiles by Welspun Flooring keeps all your needs in mind. The aesthetic finish and the retention and durability ensure that your floor offers exceptional performance and wearability. The hassle-free one-day installation on your existing floor makes it even better.