There is a lot of research out there that shows us how a house has a direct impact not only on our mood but also on our overall well-being. With the ongoing pandemic, this year sets trends that are here to make us feel more relaxed and mentally at ease. Over the last few months, we all have spent most of our time at home which drives us to create a space that not only inspires but is also a reflection of our personalities.
Experts from this industry believe that they will see a surge in trends where many are inspired by nature, earthy colours, openness, and mindful use of space. Many consumers are now better aware of the choices they make while making a purchase and we have observed that there has been a conscious shift in these choices as they have started opting for sustainable and recycled products for their homes. We have established that the aesthetics of a particular place have a great impact on a person's mood. This year we will witness how top house interior design ideas can help attract positive energy to our abode, especially in such uncertain times.
The top 5 home interior design trends to watch out for in the year 2022 are:
1. Amalgamation of materials and styles: There is an emerging trend to mix different materials and styles together which tell a story to anyone walking in. This can be done by mixing textiles, decor pieces, furniture, lighting and so much more. Even flooring makes such a big difference especially when you have a huge selection from Welspun flooring’s Click-N-Lock Tiles and carpet tiles to choose from. They have a wide assortment of products that are easy to install and can match every mood that you are trying to create for your home interior design.
2. Colour Play: Colour plays a very influential role in a household, from setting the tone of the house to having an emotional impact on the homeowner. Colour therapy is something that is trending quite a bit especially since the start of the pandemic which has helped many to uplift their mood and add some joy, especially during tough times. one way of adding bold colours to your home interior is by the addition of some art pieces. Bold colours and patterns are definitely making their way to the year 2022 trending interior design list
3. Multi-purpose rooms: Multi-purpose rooms are the need of the hour, especially in urban cities where we are always falling short of space. Until 2 years back, very few of us in an urban setting had separate dedicated spaces for different chores. For eg, separate spaces for office, fitness, leisure, etc.
Through this pandemic, most of us have realized that we need multi-purpose dedicated spaces which make our daily chores like working from home simpler. This is going to be a very important addition if we have to continue working from home or if we have to restrict our outdoor movement.
Flooring plays a crucial role in highlighting different spaces in your home. Creating multipurpose spaces can become easier by using flooring options wisely. For eg WelspunFlooring’s Click-N-Lock tiles are perfect for your kitchen which help to easily separate other rooms from that space whereas the carpet tiles go perfectly well in the living room adding an extra sense of warmth and comfort or the artificial grass flooring range “Greens” can actually make your balcony feel like a small garden.
4. DIY projects: Best out of waste or up-cycling projects aren't limited to school homework only. We have observed a great increase in DIY hacks over the last two years in various fields. From gardening or garden decor ideas, home organization/improvement ideas, renovation ideas and so much more. Low-waste living had and continues to be a home mantra for many.
Simple DIY projects could even include revamping an old piece of furniture by simply adding color to it. Not only does it help with reusing old pieces but also becomes a group activity of sorts for members at home. If you are a beginner and this seems difficult then you can simply start with upcycling old mason jars and glass bottles into objects like storage containers or planters.
5. Sustainable Living: As consumers are becoming more aware of the impact on the planet of their choice of products, they are making a conscious effort to switch to sustainable elements for their home interior design. Whether it is purchasing second-hand furniture, buying accents from a vintage store, or buying products that can be recycled or are made from recycled material, consumers are willing to consider all these options.