What is marble flooring?
Marble floors are most commonly seen in households. Marble or metamorphosed limestone is a beautiful natural stone that ups the ante of any house. Marble is a constant favourite, with Italian marble being a hot take for many. Marble flooring is considered to be a luxurious and rich pick in flooring solutions. So, Is marble flooring right for you? Here is what you need to know about this flooring solution and various types of marble flooring.
The Timeless Elegance of Marble
Marble flooring has been a classic for centuries. It is clean, gleaming, elegant, and durable and the reason why marble is still preferred despite the new trends. If you're renovating your new home or an existing home, flooring is the first thing people notice. The hassle with marble flooring is that it is difficult to install but easy to maintain after installation. However, after some years due to high traffic, the marble might lose its shine and dull down. The marble flooring then resembles that to a stone flooring, losing its gleaming factor. Re-polishing is an inconvenience to go through and an expensive ordeal as well.
High Maintenance or Low Maintenance?
Different types of Marble flooring require different maintenance as per their material, texture and more. While marble flooring is very durable and considered to be very elegant, marble also gives a cool surface that works in summer but does not radiate warmth as you might want in winter. The look and feel of a marble floor are unmatched by any other material, and due to its ease of availability and a range of hues and patterns to go. However, marble flooring is susceptible to scratches and cracks, is more expensive than tile products and it requires a trained professional to install. The periodic cleaning and sealing would need to be done by a professional too. If the pros outweigh the cons for you, you can choose marble for your home.
Many Shades of Marble
Marble is a constant favourite for many as it is available in a vast number of colours, marble flooring suits everyone’s taste and brings a sense of luxury and grandeur with it. There are many factors to consider while choosing marble flooring, let's walk through some of them here!
1. Physical Features: Being a buyer, thoroughly check your marble for any cracks or scratches. Look out for uniform thickness and dimensions for a balanced and tidy look.
2. Chemical features: Marble floors are prone to stains. Constant cleaning or exposure to acidic cleaning agents can harm the marble floor. It's crucial to keep in mind the amount of chemical exposure your floor needs.
3. Maintenance: Marble flooring does require constant care and upkeep. But acidic stains or heavy foot traffic will affect the lustre and harm the smooth surface.
4. Installation: It is highly essential to hire skilled labour for the installation of marble flooring because a small mistake might lead to an irregular surface or result in scratches and cracks.
Italian marble is the most sought marble flooring in the market. It's also expensive and transforms the look and feel of an interior. The lustre and crystal-like appearance make it a luxurious choice.
Let's explore some different types of Italian marble flooring below-
1. Statuario Marble: An all-time classic marble, Statuario marble comes with solid durability and strength. There is a distinct grey veining throughout that makes Statuario easy to spot.
2. Botticino: A premium quality marble that offers a distinctive appearance and brings character to your interior. There's the touch of gold seen in Botticino as this marble has a golden, beige and oyster shade of streaks.
3. Carrara White: This marble flooring is one the most famous in the world, its elegant white-grey background and soft-grey streaks give it a unique beauty, making it a perfect traditional and contemporary marble flooring design.
Advantages and disadvantages of marble flooring
Marble flooring like other forms of flooring has its own set of pros and cons. Despite the fact that there are more than 100 flooring options available today, marble flooring design still stands out due to its strength, elegance, hardness, smooth gloss, etc.
Marble is undoubtedly one of the greatest options because it has so many attractive qualities, but it also has drawbacks, such as a high price. Marbles typically cost more than many other types of flooring, such as vinyl, ceramic, linoleum, etc. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of marble flooring.
Advantages of Marble flooring
- Elegant look
- Variety of textures
- Good heat conductor
Disadvantages of marble flooring
- Costlier option
- Can get stained
- Some options could be fragile
Marble flooring gets attention when it comes to timeless elegance. The installation, repolishing, and maintenance are stressful ordeal to go through. In this constantly evolving life, few people would prefer to refurbish the marble flooring time and again, and not everybody would prefer elegance over hassle.
But if you want quick, hassle-free, and trendy flooring for your house then, explore Carpet Tiles by Welspun flooring that gives the premium sleek finish your home or office needs. Stain-resistant, and immune to scratches and cracks, Carpet tiles last for a long time.