Black is an unconventional color when it comes to interior designing, especially while considering floor tiles. Most people go for light-colored tiles for flooring. However, in recent years, black floor tiles have become quite popular amongst interior designers. If used well, black can help in achieving a mysterious and sophisticated look. Here are some important details that you need to know about black floor tiles.
Where to Use Black Tiles?
Black tiles can be used for almost all spaces. But using black tiles in small rooms may make the room look smaller. To achieve a grand look, the golden rule is to use black tiles only in huge spaces or open areas. Matte finish black tiles with black grout can give your kitchen a contemporary look.
On the other hand, use porcelain or slate black tiles at the entryway to make a grand impression. Some other spaces where black tiles can be used effectively are bedrooms, living rooms, bathrooms, dining rooms, etc. Apart from apartments and villas, black floor tiles are a great flooring choice for building and hotel lounge areas, commercial spaces, offices, etc
Different Types of Black Tiles
Different types of black tiles are available in the market today. You can choose the type of tile as per the look you want to achieve for a particular space. While granite and marble black tiles would give a classy look to your living rooms, black mosaic tiles would be ideal for bathrooms.
Black tiles with a porcelain finish would not only look great but would also be more durable if used in outdoor areas like patio, porch, outdoor dining areas, etc. The glassy look is a great way to give a contemporary feel to the bathroom area. And if you want to give your living rooms, kitchens, and dining areas a more subtle look, you can go for natural stone black floor tiles.
How to Use Black Tiles?
Creating an elegant and classy look with black floor tiles is the key to using it the right way. There are several ways in which you can do it. Whichever way you choose to design the black tiles, always use them in rooms that receive a lot of natural light, like south-facing rooms, rooms that have ceiling-height windows, entrance halls, etc. Here are some ways with which you can use black tiles to beautify any room:
- One of the classiest ways of decorating black floor tiles is to pair them with white color. Black tiles paired with white walls and furniture can never go out of fashion.
- The chessboard design with a combination of white and black tiles is another classy look that would look great in kitchens, entryways, and even bathrooms.
- If you want only a hint of black on the tiles, use black tiles as a border for white or light-colored tiles.
- Small or large patterned black tiles like stripes, geometrical shapes, etc., can also help to give an unusual look to any room.
- If you want to add more light to your room, use black tiles that have a shiny effect. Stone, as well as wood flooring, can give this finish.
Benefits of Using Black Tiles
Apart from giving a unique look to any space, there are several other benefits of using black floor tiles.
- Black color helps to add depth to any room, making it appear larger
- Black tiles with a glossy finish can make a small space look bigger. However, it is important to use light-colored furniture in this case.
- Black goes well with all colors, and hence you can easily change the colors of your curtains and furniture without changing the tiles if you want to change the look of the room.
- Unlike popular belief, black tiles do not hide dirt and other imperfections. On the other hand, black makes it easier to see all the dirt. However, this is not the case if you use matte or flat black floor tiles. Matte-finish tiles hide dirt well and are low maintenance. This is the reason why these black tiles are popularly used in kitchens and areas with heavy footfall.
Nothing screams BOLD than black floor tiles. You can create a glamorous, ultra-modern, vintage, and even traditional look using the black tiles creatively.