Flooring in any building is a crucial part that needs attention to detail while choosing one for residence or commercial buildings. Thoughtful selection of an ideal flooring helps in achieving the style you have decided on and increases the overall look and value of the place, be it your home or office. Marble or granite are a few such options one could opt for while selecting an ideal flooring. These are the options that are ruling the market, even after the fact that various alternatives are now available for varying budgets.
Let's take a look at the pros and cons of both marble and granite that are available in the market that can level up your home decor game.
MARBLE: It is a kind of recrystallized rock material that is being highly used as a flooring material in many residential and commercial buildings. Most common of all, the white marble comes from the purest form of limestone which provides an elegant look to the space.
Advantages of marble flooring:
- In comparison to other flooring options, marble is quite easy to maintain and can be easily repolished to bring back the shine if required.
- It is recommended to wipe it off with a damp cloth regularly to keep it clean. However, polishing is something that can be done after a few years of installation.
- One of the basic advantages of marble flooring is its elegant look which gives a royal and spacious look to your house and marble has been known for its versatility of art from sculptures to the wall and floor tiles.
Marble flooring does have some limitations which are:
- Marble stone is cool underfoot, and depending on how the weather is like where you live, you should choose a flooring type that can add warmth to the place or vice versa.
- Moreover, it is not suitable for areas with high foot traffic as it might lead to loss of shine on the floor quickly.
GRANITE: Granite, on the other hand, is a hard stone emerging from the huge ingenious rocks and is denser than marble. Granite stone is highly preferred and is considered very stylish giving an impeccable look to the place and lifting the decor scale up a notch. Just like marble, granite also has some features which make it distinguish from other flooring options. Some of the advantages of granite are mentioned below:
- It is easy to maintain and considered a rich and royal flooring option.
- Being scratch and stain resistant, granite flooring is very durable and is suitable for areas with heavy foot traffic.
Other than this, there are a few more points that need to be taken into consideration before installing granite flooring in your place. This is not actually a disadvantage, it is more of a financial aspect that comes into play when you choose granite flooring. Being highly durable and elegant, granite is comparatively expensive than other types of flooring.
Keeping all the above-mentioned factors in mind, Welspun Flooring offers you a great variety of options to choose from, where you get various types of flooring options imitating the look of marble and granite. We have abundant options available in Click-N-Lock tiles that will modify the look and feel of your residential or commercial buildings. The flooring comes with different finishes and will just elevate your space with quality and style.